Chase's Journey

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Time is Fast Approaching!

Today is Kaely's last day of school- which is a big moment of "OH NO! What are we going to do all summer???" 

However, I think the happiest person in this scenario will be Chase, because he loves to play with his sister. Which reminds me of how he goes around following her saying "Sissy!, Sissy!"... which, adds to his vocabulary that still excludes mom. His complete vocabulary includes:
  • Dada
  • Belle
  • Bea
  • Dog
  • Fishy
  • Sissy
  • Thank you
  • Bye bye
  • Hi 
  • Hello
  • What's that?
  • Who's that?
  • There you go
  • Stinky (my usual response when I walk into his room after a nap- yuck!)
  • Bird
  • "Bow" -which is his word for "NO!" - usually when he doesn't want anymore milk or whatever you are trying to give him
I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but that's the usual daily list... working on more! He's also still working on the walking bit- getting more daring, and will walk while holding one hand- although he walks kind of sideways which is fairly entertaining. 

Swim classes have been interesting. He is the most dramatic kid in class for sure. Although Nathan is close behind. Yesterday was the best example of the drama... he cried the entire time to begin with, but then when it was time to do the 2-legged shark hold (aka, holding their legs to push them off to someone waiting- to get them to get the motion of swimming/gliding in the water), he would cry, then on the count of 3 we would normally be prepared to go underwater. But on the count of 1 or 2 he would jump the gun and dunk his head. Some may consider it to be overenthusiastic- but since he was fussing the whole time- the instructor laughed and considered it to be martyrdom. D-R-A-M-A. I went ahead and signed him up for the next round of classes because, let's face it, he needs it. Hoping the weather will hold out so we can go to the pool just to play, and see if he gets over the negative connotation of it all. 

Kaely will be joining Chase on the next round of swim lessons too. Not the same class of course, but will be right before him. I feel guilty since we talked about lessons for her for years, but never did it. Now, well, on the bright side she's at least old enough to be coach-able (I hope). We shall see. The lucky girl also has a week of "horse camp" starting next week (I figure my working with horses as a kid was a dream come true, one that I miss!, so why not...) and then she'll be taking dance classes on the weekends too. Anything to keep them busy, because my school schedule is a bit insane, and trying to juggle is still a challenge.

Anyway, I'll leave it with the proofs from our photo shoot a week ago- I wasn't insanely loving the one(s) of all 4 of us, but did like individual ones, soooo... all in all, it was a great investment (gotta love Groupons!). Happy Summertime to All!

















2 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHHHHH!! I love the photos! I was all teary by the last one. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!! I also wish there was video and photos of swim class, I would have had a whole different set of tears for sure. ;) YAY! for horse camp. Kaely is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I've thought about giving a camera to Kaely to get the photos/videos since I have to be in the water with him, but... she'd drop it in the water. Oh well... since we have a tropical storm today I think we maaaayyy end up skipping class -Pictures Saturday then :)

    ReplyDelete