Chase's Journey

Monday, October 15, 2012

Wreaking Havoc

The sleep-typing continues... ;) With teeth and/or growth spurts, our boy is still getting up 2-3 times a night, and has definitely not been feeling great. By the time we get somewhat near completion of our chore list, combined with the fact that it's dark by 7 pm now, we're all passing out by 9 pm :) Where on earth do the days go??? I think how I was just writing and posting pictures last week apologizing for taking so long, yet here I am again! I have to laugh thinking it was a year ago sitting in class, trying to plan on the move to Miami, Chase's birth for February, etc., talking about how bored I would be staying at home, not in school... ha! But as my sister clarifies- I create the chaos and projects on my own... perhaps...

But, having extra people around definitely makes things more interesting- and things like reading or taking a bubble bath seem a distant memory. Not complaining- just noting :) So last Monday my sister wanted to tackle the giant that is Ikea. She was looking for a computer desk and a couple other things- and man- it takes so much energy to gear myself up for that. However, Chase had fun- the carts move in such funky ways that we played "race car" throughout most the store... before you knew it, by the time we got home, Monday was nearly over. Saturday she conned me into garage sale-ing... but totally worth it for all the "big boy" toys for pennies! We had visits with and to family all week, and plenty more to plan on for next week.... 

I also wanted to try to spend some quality time with Kaely since I haven't had the time/energy/patience lately... so we went out the other day, let her have $2 to spend at Bath & Body Works (she loves the hand sanitizer stuff), used a coupon I had for a free travel item, and she was peachy. She had to show off her new boots too- all prepared for fall/winter- give her another year or so and I'll be able to steal her shoes- sweet!

To finish her "to-do list" we had her social studies project, plus some more decorations to do. She also braved a trip to Publix with me on the bike the other day while Chase hung out with his aunt... it was kind of interesting traveling with groceries... next time I'll try to remember not to pick up bags of potatoes and canned goods. Whoops.

Also had to finish up the pair of shoes for Chase's "Aunt" Jen for her Halloween costume- these things took forever!!! I think the time I may normally try to read or even (gasp!) nap would be spent then, but that's okay- it was a lot of fun in the long run... crazy!

Thanks to the ongoing Presidential Debate stuff, I missed out on the one or two shows I wanted to watch Thursday night- instead ended up watching some new show that premiered, and in the process, fell in love with this dress the character wore... remembered I had a similar dress project I started 2 years ago, but was tucked away, so pulled it all out, and am starting on that again. Ahhhh, and changed the "middle room" around once again- was so excited about getting a small desk at Ikea to put my sewing machine on, organized all my sewing/craft/paint/etc stuff... Poor Dave- but at least the room is being utilized! 

The boy continues to get into everything- the need for additional baby-proofing is apparent- so he gets trapped while I'm trying to cook or clean in the kitchen. Yesterday we split the chores- I wanted to tear up the yard (eventually we'll be putting new sod down), but I also wanted to make this recipe that was emailed last week - Emeril's Pumpkin & Sage lasagna... Due to the random ingredients, the cost, etc- I procrastinated- but my sister insisted. I love to cook- really- but this recipe took me from around 9am until around 3pm before it was done. Seriously. I am sure there had to be quicker ways, but real pumpkin takes forever to prep, plus all the other things I didn't think about... but... it was pretty darn good. 

As always, it amazes me that it's Monday morning, and I was so swamped last week, but am not entirely sure what all we did. LOL. I have tried getting a good picture of Chase's jack-o-lantern look - with his top tooth almost all the way down, and his other top tooth still trying to cut through (it's been pressing against his gums, nearly transparent for almost a week)- causing all sorts of havoc. The look, though, is priceless. I'll get it sometime soon, I swear! Hopefully this week will be a little calmer, but with Kaely's field trip and fall festival at school, I doubt it :) It's okay though- never a dull moment!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy busy! Love how the shoes turned out! You are so freaking talented! Ikea.... With baby... Brave. Very brave. We'd have to take a nap midway!

    Oh don't I know about the need for more baby proofing! Just when I think I've got things tied down and put away, his reach extends. Never ending!!!

    I sincerely hope you have a slower week, and maybe even a bubble bath with a people magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and yeah, no hope of a slower week :/ one can dream though :)

      Delete