Chase's Journey

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween! (and Pumpkin Sweeties II)

Okay, the pumpkin thing didn't work out so well- combined heat and procrastination... the pumpkins all started to crumble before today ever arrived... but that's okay- the guts are the best part anyway! I gave up halfway through carving, so that's all we got... it started to rot so we never did get to light it up- bummer! But the pumpkin- Gizmo/Gremlins- was dedicated to Chase with his crazy monster noises :)




The rest? Well... the chaos of costumes and scrambling to get everyone ready- I don't know how my mom ever did it with so many children- it's exhausting! But once we got to the face paint part of the evening- it was all worth it... lots of laughs and ooohs and ahhhhs... thanks Julz!
 (yes he looks reminiscent of a vampire baby)

Chase never did want to wear his hat I made for his costume, and we got as far as to make the one for Nathan, but he wasn't thrilled about it either. Good thing they're cute! Kaely was the "Queen of Halloween" (Or so she says)- for the first year she got to run around with old classmates and her Kindergarten/1st Grade teacher... so she wasn't bogged down with boring mom - so sad :/

 (or vampire monkey )


 (Kaely's friends Paige, Kae, Janice, and Anthony)
(mom with a platypus face- guess that's my costume)

All-in-all a great day! Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! It's official I want to live on your street! You are so freaking awesome and talented! I'm stunned. Kaely looks amazing, chase is too cute and funny. I love it!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete