Chase's Journey

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Why Mosquitoes Buzz In People's Ears...

Oh boy... a week has come and gone, and I guess I've fallen into the black hole that is the house, holidays, and family chaos :)

I suppose I didn't realize how much time has passed already where I've been absorbed in everything but poking my head out for fresh air. It took a couple days for everyone else to feel better, luckily Chase, Kaely & I escaped without catching the nasty stomach virus. Jokingly attributed it to the "super boobs"- hmmmm.

Then, we had the last week of school before winter break, so "Polar Express Day" (pajama day), crazy hat day, and teacher gifts. I wasn't entirely sure how to handle the gifts since her teacher has been out on maternity leave, and the substitute has been around for the past month. I have been lagging behind all season on gifts, cookies, decorations, etc. AHHHH

Also, everyone wants to stop by to visit, but thing is, I have things EVERYWHERE. I am trying to wrap gifts, finish making them, etc., and to have anyone stop by would require putting everything away unfinished- which is not easy or ideal. Soooo- I inadvertently offended people since it was too difficult to have visitors this week.

Oh, what else? I often have songs stuck in my head, as a "theme song" for the event, moment, or general mood- kind of like a soundtrack to my life. However, this week it was book titles, and subsequently, the songs that may go with them. Such as, How the Grinch Stole Christmas with cranky people, and a book I grew up reading, Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears after I woke up around 2am last night to a mosquito quite literally buzzing in my ear. I swung in the dark trying to catch it, then resorted to turning on the bathroom light, then the full bedroom light... to no avail. I felt like a total idiot, gave up when Chase woke up, so tried to go back to sleep. Just as I was drifting back off to sleep, I heard the stupid whine... Oh my...

I believe I finally have some handle on the upcoming holiday- not looking past it yet- as I realize we're down to a week until Chase's 1st birthday! AHHHHH! 'One day at a time' is what I have to hold onto.

On the flip side, one of the cool things that has brought me great joy, and great frustration, is getting Kaely the Kindle. I started searching for it on Ebay a couple weeks ago, and for the price, thought it'd be an awesome tool to encourage reading. This led to frustration as I kept losing auctions at the last minute, then eventually got one, it arrived- and is total trash. The stupid seller didn't bother even wiping it down, reeks of cigarettes, and didn't include what was advertised. I was devastated. 4 days before Christmas and the main gift I was getting for Kaely turned out to be a big flop. Luckily, my sister came through and accepted my offer to buy hers off of her. She brought it by today, and I've been playing half the day through our library's website, and am so stinking excited over all the books she can "borrow" online, and the free books off Amazon. I think this is better than any video game or toy - since it has a quiet way of being a great learning tool. Very awesome.

So, just saying, we're still around, just a giant madhouse preparing for the holidays and getting everyone back to wellness... Hope everyone is doing great and Happy Holidays!!! Tons of pictures to come on Christmas :)
Cheerios!

Actually Nathan's toy for Christmas- but seriously? Most entertaining ever! I'm not all about buying new toys, but it's awesome :)

Practice for the main event on Tuesday ;)


Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment