Chase's Journey

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome December!



It's that time of year- in addition to Thanksgiving, Christmas, lights, candy, etc- but time for citrus to start coming to the peak! We have passed this family-owned grove down the road from us hundreds of times, but never thought to actually stop. So, on our way to visit my dad- with time and all that good stuff being put into perspective- we decided to check it out. Some people stop to smell the roses- for us? It's oranges.

We met the cutest older couple who ran the "stand" as a part-time gig (as the wife said, their tax man says it's a hobby- not a business- hmmm), but we got to take home some flame grapefruit, a navel for Chase (he suckered them into it apparently), honey (with the comb!), and pictures with the honeybells (won't be ready to pick until early January). Sure, it was only 20 minutes out of our day, but I will definitely make an effort to stop again.

Our typical Florida weather is here- 7 days straight of 78degrees and mostly sunny forecast... This, I can handle. I love having the house opened up, being able to cook in the crockpot, bake fresh bread and still plan on BBQ... cool enough to enjoy the hearty foods, but warm enough to want to be outdoors. I must say we are very fortunate.

A big day ahead for Chase tomorrow- my sister will be watching him most of the day as I head out of town (about a 2 hour drive) for school orientation. This will be the longest I've ever left him- especially during "awake" hours- I feel bad already, because I know he's been a bear even with me. Oh well- it'll be good for him (I hope!) Wish us luck!

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment