Chase's Journey

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Our Child is a Lightning Bug: A Prelude

Yep, that's right, a freaking lightning bug. Think the movie "Powder" from waaaay back in the day. This is a prelude to our actual camping story, because it's just that strange...

So, Friday  night, Kaely, Chase & I are in the tent, trying to get Chase to sleep. He was so exhausted, but insisted on crawling from mattress to mattress, petting the dogs, etc. I figured- eh, whatever- let him wear himself out. Kaely was on her side trying to go to sleep, when I noticed something strange. Seriously- when Chase was crawling, it looked like he had those "Twinkle Toes" shoes on- or a freakin' lightning bug in his pants. I thought something was wrong with my eyes. I had him in his blanket sleeper-thing, so I thought- well, crap- maybe it had to do with that thing. Seriously- I thought maybe Kaely's gel-crayons or something must be glow-in-the-dark. Nope.

So the more he moves around, the more I realize it's not his pants/outfit, and it's not just my eyes...The lights kept twinkling/flashing, not just in his pj pants, but his hands, his feet, etc. I am stunned- and keep nervously laughing about it- at which point Kaely is freaked out and asks me to stop talking about it or she's plugging her ears...

She eventually came over by me and saw it happen too. Chase is laughing the whole time. Dave's outside hanging by the fire, so we wait until he comes in. He thinks we've lost it- until he sees it too. Sure, maybe a lightning bug got caught in his pants (uh huh), but not from his bare hands and feet. This went on for probably an hour until I finally insisted we all fall asleep. I only wish I had gotten video- it was the most bizarre thing ever! I can only assume it was static electricity from him crawling on the tent floor and blankets- but seriously? NUTS!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment