Chase's Journey

Friday, March 22, 2013

Going Solo

Oh please- this is nothing as serious as it seems it may start off to be... but honestly? I have just remembered why I was so disillusioned after having Kaely, thinking this whole "having a kid" thing isn't so hard.

Dave went out of town yesterday just for the evening for work, and Kaely is camping this weekend with her dad and grandparents. After stressing all morning about an exam for school, Chase woke up from his nap, and it was just us. No running to get Kaely from school, no worrying about making dinner (ok, I was planning on leftovers, but our wonderful neighbors brought over a plate for dinner for us), not worrying about being the homework police at the same time as chasing after Chase... the list goes on.

Honestly- it sounds horrible- but it was awesome! Just for the evening- don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my family for anything, I LOVE being a mom and a wife, and Kaely and Dave have both saved my life a million times over in their own individual ways. But- I really did realize how much easier it was when it was "just me" and one baby. Chase wasn't as cranky trying to capture my attention, I actually got to the point I got to watch a movie, have a glass of wine, read part of my book for FUN, and watch "my show" last night- and even stayed up past 11pm- WHAT??? 

Sigh... I think it just goes into play about caregiver burnout, and as rewarding as it is to be able to be home and take care of everyone- a one-day "Mommy-cation" is not a bad idea. I highly recommend it :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh I am so happy for you! It sounds like you had an awesome night. I know what you mean by love the fam but... A quiet night sounds better to me than a night out. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete