Chase's Journey

Monday, May 21, 2012

Bath Blunders

Sometime last week as I was changing Chase's diaper, I really noticed for the first time how chunky his legs really are. Not only that, but worse than his neck, it is truly a trap for disgusting hidden wonders. I unraveled the folds only to find all sorts of smelly lint and such. GROSS. It made me think- CRAP! When did he really develop those crazy creases, and have I been slacking that badly on bathtime??? I mean, his neck is always a big place that I make sure to get, plus all those boy parts that are weird (okay- still getting used to the little boy differences- LOL). But his legs- his chunky little legs... soooooo- now I have expanded my checklist to his bathing routine.


Just saw a clip on a show I watch, and it was all about bathing an infant- haha. Things like making sure the water isn't too hot (I will say I tend to go warmer for Chase- now I'm wondering- but the kid would live in the water if I'd let him). Slippery little bugs that they are, I still find it nerve wracking trying to pick him up and wrap him in the towel- yes I did it with Kaely for years- but geez, as he gets heavier, it just makes me nervous some days. His infant tub has the sling in it, but he's in this inbetween size where he is too heavy to lay in it, so the bump that is there to help prop him to sitting ends up in his back. But trying to keep him sitting is nearly impossible. He arches his back, pushes himself up and backwards, creating a tidal wave, and refuses to sit still. He of course thinks it's hilarious. Sigh... so, I'm going to have to figure out another way around these challenges until he's strong enough to truly sit on his own- not too far down the road, but in the meantime... The more he eats "real food" the more baths we're going to have to incorporate into our days. Hehe... at least he makes me laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment