Chase's Journey

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Weekend Escape

Okay... so it wasn't that far from the apartment down in Miami, but still- anytime you can have room service and housekeeping come in is appreciated! I'm not gonna lie, being able to wake up, put Chase in a stroller, and walk across the street to a Starbucks is a wonderful morning :) To top off the morning was a long overdue massage....

***Let me clarify that I began writing this post yesterday morning- and as it would be, chaos that is our baby boy prevented me from finishing this. LOL.

First, I'll say mini escapes are absolutely necessary for everyone. However, what comes with that are reality checks- and what made up our mini escapes a year ago are absolutely nothing like what they are here and now. As long as you hold on to those memories, and expect to go through the same carefree, relaxing, and crazy time- you may face disappointment. But... if you embrace a different atmosphere, a chance to stare and play with the crazy baby somewhere else, and sneak in moments of good food and ambiance, then maybe you can truly enjoy yourself. This is a lesson I'm still working on learning. I was bummed this weekend- it was a nice, even wonderful weekend- but it was most definitely not what I had set up in my mind.

In the end though, I had both my boys, gorgeous weather, pretty great food, and a little bit of down time. We have survived another round of flights- which is amazing. I feel a little bad for the gentleman next to us on the plane, because let's face it- it's either I nurse Chase before we take off, or everyone can listen to him cry. I opted for the former. Nothing like sharing pictures of grandchildren while Chase is under the blanket eating away. Ha!

In any case, it appears I've hit the point that I'll be posting less frequently- simply because the days blur together and sometimes I fall asleep on the couch and awaken wondering what day and time it is.

Well- here are some pics from this weekend, sorry so late!

Our balcony with the hot tub- no Chase didn't get to play in it ;)

 Dad & Chase watching the playoffs... go figure
 Ice Cream!!!
 LOL
 I love how unique all the accents of the hotel are... this was our room this time
 The only way to eat now- find a restaurant with a sidewalk patio- leave him in the stroller- he either plays or sleeps the whole time- it works!


On our honeymoon last year.... Chase this year... LOL


Yummmmm


Too stinkin' cute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment