Chase's Journey

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Oh! The Smell!!!



Okay, I knew it was coming, I am not technically a rookie, but for a parent's sanity, we forget things... one of those things was the smell of diapers once a baby eats something other than breastmilk. Seriously. When we first started doing taste testing here and there, it didn't seem to be a big deal. But as his appetite increases, and I give him cereal & fruit/veggies, the result is horrid. This isn't anything but the tip of the diaper iceberg either, because I know this is only the result of one serving a day- and already I'm gagging. The only thing worse would be if he was formula fed- blech!

I will say that my $5 Diaper Champ find (garage sale) was TOTALLY worth it, because fortunately it contains most of the smell without the headaches of the Diaper Genie. Anyone looking to have a baby- this is a must-have investment. Unless you live somewhere that you can dump your trash daily. Oh well- on the bright side, he loves trying new foods, and has no problem gaining weight so far. Fun stuff!


3 comments:

  1. oh, so true. so far I've managed to either live near a dumpster (so I just walked the poopy ones straight outside to it) and now I have a specific trash can (w/a lid) that sits on our back porch where those diapers are deposited. no stench in this house! ah, the joys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hubs is already refusing to change the diapers with vitamin supplement poos. On Friday we begin solids. I think I'm following in the Sanns footsteps with the pail on the porch. I also have the diaper champ but it still gags me everything I flip it. I was thinking of hanging airfreshners in it. Sounds like I better invest before the solids begin to fill his pants! Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I'm afraid of leaving a trash can in the garage, because Florida heat and smells? UGH! I think I'd fall over when I opened the door. The porch? hmmmm- might have to resort to it, although the rain makes everything a challenge... can you imagine? A bad storm comes through, and a gust of wind picks up a pail of poopy diapers and flings them throughout the neighborhood? HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete