Chase's Journey

Sunday, September 30, 2012

9 Months Baby!

Holy crap. 9 months old today! As of a checkup (not his 9 month one) a week or so ago, he is about 26 1/2" long, and 18 lbs 11oz... his official 9 month appointment will be on Tuesday. So a gain of almost 10", and 14 lbs 9oz. Ha! So proud of this little bug :) Adding onto his 2 teeth from around 6 months, we have his top teeth coming in- you can see the one on the right is cut through, the left is nearing that point too- AHHHHH- teething sucks.
I will also observe that his ability to "play well with others" has not improved- well... maybe just with Nathan? He loves older kids, and has been increasingly more social with adults/strangers too- gaining a compliment yesterday about how good he is as he hung out with Dad at the "Pints & Pampers" party for Baby Girl Regan while I was at the lady's baby shower. But when it comes to sharing/playing with Nathan? This is what we get:

On to other randomness- I discovered an awesome use for some table cloths I found around the house- curtains! Kaely's room has had bamboo blinds in there for years, but the problem is that at night you can see right through them with the light on. I found some old cheap curtain rod from my apartment I had years ago, and spent $0.49 on new brackets to hang them, then dug up some leftover fabric that compliments Kaely's bedding... and voila! A nearly free solution- very cool :)


The other part of the table cloths I used for the bed/crib skirt I finally got around to making for Chase to match his quilt. Amazing how little time it takes to do when you actually sit down to do it...



Finally- I part with the classic "Chase" look when asked to share with Nathan ;)

Nature vs. Nurture? Hmmmm

1 comment:

  1. 9 months. No way! He's so awesome. I love the playing well with others part.

    I wish I could turn old table cloths into fabulous curtains! Well done.

    ReplyDelete