Chase's Journey

Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's FALL!!!!!

YAY! First day of fall- officially! Nevermind the high of nearly 90 degrees. Since my sister has been here for the past month or so, she made it a point to get me motivated, and initiated the revamping (well, beginnings of..) the yard, and decorations for fall. At first I was more concerned about the cost of trying to put everything out, but her stubborn insistence and enthusiasm won me over. Let me tell you how interesting walking around Home Depot with two babies and two shopping carts is...

A few scarecrows, trays of flowers, and a ton of misc. house stuff that has been long overdue on accomplishing (i.e., water filter for the fridge, blinds for my bedroom, replacement smoke detectors, etc)... and we were on our way. Of course my sister went back later on her own and picked up mulch, more flowers, Indian corn, and other decorative things as well... What a difference it makes in how I feel about the "home" -not just a house. That, and the "smelly-good-things" we plug into the walls that make the house smell less like dog & baby... :)



(the scarecrows represent Nathan, Kaely, and Chase- in that order ;) )


Saving the actual "Halloween" decorations for another week or so- but I LOVE it! I revamped an old Christmas wreath I had, and turned it into my funky fall wreath. Even a tiny bit of cool air embraced us as we walked the dogs last night- WAHOO! Fall is on it's way- even if the calendar says it's already here ;)

Just a couple fun pics of the boys...




1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! If you lived close by I would hire you as my decorator. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete