Chase's Journey

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Side Effects May Include:

Exhaustion? Problems sleeping? Irritability? Memory problems? The list of side effects could go on like a pharmaceutical commercial- but- quite simply- parenthood. I'm lucky I can lift my fingers to type I'm so exhausted today- I keep thinking "maybe something's wrong"- I need different vitamins or a better diet- but ultimately I think it comes down to the day-to-day routine of running around.

This week's chore list included getting started on the Halloween costumes (since I am known to procrastinate)... then add in rearranging rooms, furniture, making curtains, then having a birthday dinner thing for my sisters (so lots of cooking ahead tomorrow)... well, I just can't move! I am still sticking to walking to get Kaely, and that doesn't help the energy- actually, it is supposed to- being active and all, but I am so stinking excited for Chase's 1st birthday so he can wear a helmet and be able to ride on a bike with me. I am kind of tired of the walking bit... it's a big Christmas/Chase bday wish list for me- one of those bike seat thingy's that sits in between the seat and the handlebars (rather than behind the seat/parent). I have all sorts of ambitions riding a bike. Hmmm...

Anyhow- the finished versions of the costumes are still waiting until the week of Halloween- I realized the hard way that although I thought Chase's might be too big- I may have the opposite problem.... he's a little snug in it- uh oh... I may be taking photos a month in advance just in case! And I have to say I'm kinda partial to the hairy caveman look on him :)



Then, with all the rearranging of things, I had to put Chase somewhere while I did laundry on his bedding and all that good stuff, so I borrowed my sister's air mattress, figured, eh, it's something while I'm trying to get stuff done. I kept checking on him, and he ended up rolling off and giving up - falling half asleep up against the wall- poor baby! Tonight is the first night I have him in his own room. I have no false beliefs about keeping him in it all night- but going to start working on the whole idea of sleeping through the night :) I'm excited to at least have the room functional.


My thoughts go out to all on today, September 11th- the 11th anniversary of that date- can it really be??? At least a bit of distractions can keep us moving forward though... Here's to a new day!


1 comment:

  1. I love his hairy caveman photos. The ape was a laugh too! You really do have your plate full!

    ReplyDelete