Chase's Journey

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Let GO!

Ahhhhh- yes, the word "NO!" is on the horizon... but as moms of babies know, up there is the phrase "LET GO!"- most often with hair pulling, pulling on the dogs, grabbing cell phones, cords, plates on the table of a restaurant, etc... It never ends! Ah, but I have found one way that he actually listens- kinda strange in a way- but usually towards the end of when he's nursing I notice him starting to drift in attention span- which usually spells trouble for an increased chance of being bit. So I ask him "Chase, if you're done, let go please!" - and damn if he doesn't actually do it- every time now- for over a week. My sister shakes her head laughing at his crafty ways- coincidence? Perhaps- but strange none-the-less. Now, if only he'd listen to the rest of the things I say....

I have a lot of making up to do since the blog posts have slowed waaaaaay down. Teething, holidays, school, etc has taken up so much time and energy that to sit still and have enough brain left to write has been difficult. Luckily Kaely has been helping a lot with keeping Chase entertained, because let's face it- Mom's are boring :)

We've also been experimenting more with table food, since that's sooooo much more interesting than anything served on his own spoons. So from matzo ball (chicken) soup, to steamed broccoli, rice, gnawing on a carrot (I make sure he can't snap off a piece on this- it's more for a teething toy), etc... he loves it all!

 (broccoli & rice)

My sister has also generously donated to the "spoil the boys" fund- aka, the growing pile of toys over here- plus the grandparents have snuck a bunch over too- from the "Crawl Ball" to the fishing set by B. toys (I LOVE this toy brand- the first set by them was the squishy blocks, now they carry a whole line at Target) I don't know what we'll do come Christmas/Birthday- although we have been having a blast playing in the toy sections now at the store. I'm sure the associates hate us, turning on every toy out there (bouncing Tigger, dancing Mickey, this awesome vtech Monkey toy, etc)... but hey! It's fun :)



Speaking of trips to the store- yes, I am "that" mom that tortures her child for the sake of a laugh (yes that's a turkey on his head) Sorry. I couldn't help it- the "dollar spot" at Target has these ridiculous Thanksgiving hats, and I had to... after I attempted to snap the pic (not that he would sit still- hence why it fell over his face), a mom was behind me with her little girl, and started laughing- she said she was glad she wasn't the only one who did that- she said she was guilty of taking pictures and sending it to everyone- at which point I turned around with the phone in my hand smiling- guilty as charged ;)

With our teething issues, naps and sleep are beyond necessary, and have discovered that he prefers to sleep on his side/back now (I still put him on his back- but he moves everywhere)- and inevitably he has his feet/legs hanging out the crib. Did I write the other day about how he got his leg stuck in the slats? (I'll have to check), but his monster thighs got wedged in the slats since he was having a fit- I worried for a minute I was going to have to cut the crib apart. This kid! Never a dull moment... even in his sleep :)


2 comments:

  1. I have been trying for months to get Landry to eat baby food, and she just flat out refuses! If it is pureed, she will literally gag on it. However, if I give her a steamed vegetable from plate, she gnaws on it and squeals with glee the whole time. When Calvin was this age, I would spend a whole Saturday about once a month making all kinds of yummy baby food. NOT Landry! She is working on her 4th tooth. Our October is super busy, but we need to get together soon! I'd love to watch our babies interact now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to email you about do many points in this post! For sure tomorrow. I hate typing long emails on my phone. And No! You did not talk about chases leg getting caught in the slat!

    ReplyDelete