Chase's Journey

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Standing Tall

I'm not sure if I'll be regretting encouraging Chase to start the walking/standing along the furniture yet or not :) Just one more way to get into things, and we know he doesn't need more ways! It is crazy how "grown up" he seems now, just hanging out standing there, or sitting around playing with toys. Hard to believe how much has changed with him since 8 months ago. After challenges with his bath tub, I thought we'd try to put him in our big bath- but that backfired as well, too slippery for him to sit up on his own (since he refuses to sit still), and ended up just laying around splashing with both legs until I was drenched. What a goob ;)

I also thought that maybe he would be a great baby to employ for companies who develop those "baby proof" or "child resistant" containers/lids/etc. He tackled yet another one today- I had him sitting on the counter in front of me while I brushed my teeth (I was basically holding him), and he grabbed ahold of the mouth wash... two seconds later he managed to get the lid off and spill minty fresh liquid all over the counter. ARG! So now we have Tylenol, mouthwash, vitamins, and any regular things like the lids to the Puffs... nothing is safe! Just a lesson in never believing the quality and safety of something when in the hands of a baby.

Praying for a good night's sleep- as we've been waking up 3-4 times a night lately- stupid teeth! The upper right tooth is catching up to the upper left one, so they are timing it to break at the same time- creating a crazy baby. Extremely happy and laughing one second, to crying and reaching for me the next. Kind of bizarre- and a little scary- just holding onto the temporary part of this all... If your baby does not have teeth yet- ENJOY IT! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so over the teeth and poor sleep! Look at Chase standing! He's gonna be walking with Ollie soon!!

    ReplyDelete