Chase's Journey

Thursday, September 20, 2012

BOYZZZZZZ!!!!!


Oh boy... now I know why having a boy made me nervous- it is exhausting!!! Kaely has her mouth and drama to get her in trouble- but Chase? He is in to EVERYTHING. This is before any actual crawling or walking too- I am truly S.O.L. hmmmm...

Over the past week I've been working around the house to get things organized, cleaned, and all that good stuff, and Chase has taken advantage of that opportunity, and my distraction, to explore- increasing his speed to which he finds things to get into.

This is from when I had cleared out my bedroom to clean up and get all our furniture put back in- I was trying to fold laundry and he thought that all the wall/cable outlets would be the best toys EVER! So I thought by making a "buzzing" sound (like electrocuting?) it may startle him and discourage him from playing with it... uhhhhh... backfire!!!!

This has made us do some serious baby-proofing shopping sprees, and I'm still constantly going around trying to figure out what to put where and how to make things safer for him. But man, if he doesn't find a way around everything! I'm beginning to see why moms that have more than one boy are a little loopy... no offense- but you all know it's true! Constant heart-attacks, close-calls, and never-ending energy (on the boys' side!)... sheesh! Am I really cut out for all this???

Some of his favorite places to get into trouble:

Following the dog(s) around- poor dog constantly gets up and moves, and he still chases her around (backwards)... I swear...


This was him last night, as he rolled under the recliner- looking up at me like he's cute or something- how dangerous is that???

 Or, as always- has to roll over to the tile portion and play with the highchair and/or the dog dishes- GROSS



Ones I did not capture was chasing after him as he rolled over to the side table where I keep my laptop plugged in- I caught him pulling on the cord as the laptop was precariously hanging off the side of the couch begging to land on his head- I SWEAR! This has happened twice now...Then there was him going after Monopoly, he got his mind set on it, and I caught him right as he was pulling the whole box off the shelf- which was wedged in between other games too-UGH!

Thing is, I don't leave the room- I just usually am doing dishes or cooking on the other side of the kitchen island, so he makes full use of the "blind spot" that is the island, and rolls his little butt everywhere that I can't see in those few seconds. This is why he gets confined to the highchair or exersaucer... 

Then of course our Home Depot shopping trip for all the lovely baby-proofing (and Fall/Halloween gear)... downtime anyone??? 


And he keeps on the clown act- cracking all the parents up as I walk Kaely to school- this is his usual manner of "sitting" in the stroller- always with his foot kicked up... Is this a sign of things to come? Crap.

But, at least by the end of the night, when everyone is fed, clean, and ready for bed, I can appreciate all that the day has brought- especially when everyone's asleep! Haha... Too sweet they are :)



2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! He is sooooo awesome!!! So. Freaking. Awesome!! He's is so cute, It's unreal! However, I know what you are talking about. The death grip is killing me. In the store if he can reach it it will fall into the cart or crash to the ground. So annoying. Even if they are super cute causing such havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had to comment on this post. I made the comment to Jay the other day that by the time Calvin was 7 months old, NOTHING was safe. He was in to EVERYTHING! Although Landry is just as mobile, she is less interested in getting in to every cabinet, box, or dvd case.

    ReplyDelete