Chase's Journey

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

25 Days and Lovin' it!

Okay, now that I can breathe a little easier- I can say how glad I am that we decided to wait a couple days- as hard as it was at the time. It's sooooo bizarre to walk around without wires and cords attached (I still find myself reaching for them before standing up), and got to take a brief walk outside yesterday while Dave walked the dogs. I didn't realize how much I missed the simple things in life, such as fresh air and being able to shower as long as I want or grab something to eat/drink out of the kitchen without Chase ever being out of sight. Granted, I still stare at him counting/observing respirations, or just making sure all is good- but the changes he made in the past week are huge! The dogs are so relieved to have us at the house  again, even if Bea keeps looking at me worried when Chase decides to speak up- then even behaved on our walk this morning.

We survived the first night- I tried out the co-sleeper bassinet that goes in the bed- I think it's a good thing in a bigger bed- not sure if it'll be a long term use item (beyond the next couple weeks). I may look around for a stand-alone bassinet to put next to the bed- we'll see. He has stuck to his 2 hour schedule pretty closely, woke up around midnight and was mad as anything, ended up kangarooing with him and passing out in the recliner- wasn't ideal, but did give us both 3 hours sleep. We are both drenched in milk now (as I am trying to wean off the pump since I don't have the electric one here, and quite frankly just want to enjoy being around him without having to pump too), but we can laugh- that's what showers are for. Oh, this is the ridiculous frozen milk supply- luckily we were able to rearrange to fit in the freezer- but not really room for anymore- another reason I don't want to pump anymore. I was able to hand-express 60mLs just to give a little relief from the pain- and to give him a little to take his vitamins (sorry if it's TMI for you! LOL)...


Heading to the pediatrician this morning, a little nervous about driving him by myself (without being in the back with him), but I think he'll be fine. Still waking up, he's snoozing in the bassinet part of the pack & play while I try to clear the cobwebs from my brain and start getting us ready to head out... I'm sure I'll get some good pics later- natural light and no wires make a big difference!

Bathtime before the doctor's... can't smell like sour milk! :) 



Finally back home with big sis... I missed my baby girl!!! She looks like she's 5 years older in the weeks I've been gone... 


No comments:

Post a Comment