Chase's Journey

Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy 4 Weeks!!!

Woah time is flying!!! Even in the few days since we've been home, I am amazed at the changes I've seen in our little guy- and heck- even in myself with him. He has mastered the art of eating- haven't seen him choke since we left the hospital. The reflux/spit up episodes are minimal- I think he's done better at pacing himself and not overeating. Spends at least a full hour stretch alert and awake checking everything out- usually after our afternoon nap. He distinctly knows how to manipulate me- lol- he actually finds a way to scoot all the way over to the side of the co-sleeper closest to where I'm at. Then I usually give in and snuggle him for a while. I think I've gotten over the fear of staring at him to make sure he's breathing- for the most part :)


I learned to make coffee again- and am thoroughly enjoying a big mug of it now. Amazingly remembered it was trash day- and managed to get it all out in time. Have mastered making breakfast and breastfeeding at the same time- lol- something about him taking about 20 minutes to eat that gets in the way of feeding Kaely before school too :) Am loving walking the dogs (ok, for short mini-walks)- and soaking up the fresh air and gorgeous weather we've had. Rearranged his baby gear again- going to try using the pack & play for a bassinet in our room so we can fit in the bed (I officially miss our bedroom furniture- the guest bed just isn't the same!)- lol. Kaely even set up a tent in our room- my compromise- to be a part of the slumber party- complete with both dogs- go figure!

*Goal for next week? Change into real clothes before taking Kaely to school (instead of pajamas-lol)

Oh- and officially got peed on again last night, as Kaely asked to look at what the poop in the diaper looked like (really???), I turned my attention for half a second and paid the price. LOL. UGH!

He is doing absolutely amazing- and is getting downright chubby for him! I know he's still tiny to others, but seeing the progress over these 4 weeks, and how much each day means to me, I am soooo proud of him! I look forward to every day to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment