Chase's Journey

Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy 2 Weeks!!!

Delayed a bit on posting today since I wanted to surprise Kaely at lunch, and the timing was a bit challenging- buuuutttt... lots of great news!

Last night he weighed in at 4lb 5.8oz- still gaining really well!

This morning he managed to do 20mL via the breast, I had to miss his noon feeding since I was with Kaely, but apparently he was cueing, and would've gone to breast at that point. Now at his 3pm feeding he took 30mL's, which left only 8mL's to gavage- this victory almost brings tears to my eyes because of all that challenges, this is the biggest! From now on I'm to just keep moving forward- they went ahead and had me sign his Hep B immunization authorization form, for discharge- and discussed the carseat test once he's off the feeding tube. Oh- and he's off caffeine now!!! I am ready to do a silly happy dance all throughout the floor- exhaustion and impatience throughout the past 14 days all seems irrelevant now. 

Here's to continuing on the upswing of progress- I am sooooo proud of our little boy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment