Chase's Journey

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The New Normal...

Wow. I have to laugh at how it feels like I'm racing all day to do a whole lot of nothing :) Nah... it's just trying to create some sort of routine/schedule- and going to the pediatrician yesterday threw everything off track. Instead of a steady 2-3 hour sleep/eat schedule I think he was up every hour- just too much going on at once. By last night though I believe we are back on again though (I hope!). This is why as much as we appreciate everyone's gracious offers for help and to come out, it's even harder to throw more people/events into the loop. We have to figure out how to adjust- and fortunately Kaely is such a huge help! I was shocked yesterday when she informed me that yes, she rides her bike without training wheels now, and went on a 10 mile bike ride with her dad/grandparents- and yes I had to confirm those facts. Holy crap! When I left to have Chase she was still my little girl- now all of a sudden she is all grown up :( She walks the dogs with me, feeds them, can help vacuum, bathes/dresses herself, etc... I can't imagine having a little kid now with a baby, that would be quite the challenge!

My favorite part about being back home? Last night reading our bedtime story with both Kaely and Chase- she read him my favorite book I used to read to her when she was a baby- and they both fell asleep in my arms last night... I am so incredibly blessed!

As far as Chase's updates? Well, we won't have as many statistics, but at the doctor he did measure 5 lbs 4oz, and 17 1/2"... our doc said he was amazing and perfect :) Next followup appointment will be in 2 weeks.

One thing I am missing? (Aside from the people of course) Is my morning coffee... LOL. Times when I wish I had one of those Keurig coffeemakers since I only want one cup- and the stuff at the house just isn't the same now... ah how times change :)


No comments:

Post a Comment