Chase's Journey

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Favorite Birthday!

Happy Birthday to me! I get to spend it with my two favorite boys, nice and quiet here at home... I thought Chase might be here for my birthday- just not a full month ahead! Just grateful he's so beautiful & healthy, and we can be in the comfort of our home...

Yesterday I discovered the magical powers of my blow-dryer. Chase had recently eaten, been changed, etc- so was just fussy because he woke up and I wasn't holding him basically. I desperately needed to do something to my hair- it's been only part of my neglected looks. Sure enough- seconds after I turned on the hair dryer (I had the pack & play set up by the door of the bathroom so I could see him the whole time), he stopped crying and went back to sleep... amazing! As soon as I turned it off? Cries & screams! Turn it back on, quiet- and sleep. Haha- white noise magic! Fantastic!

Worked on getting hand prints last night for the memory book & framed prints... this was the result 2 seconds later... oh boy...(damage control and straight to the bath for this...)

So we dredged up a copy of my hospital newborn photo (thanks Pop!)- I have to get Dave's on here too- fun stuff- he definitely looks mostly like Dave, but I guess has the crazy eyes like me- LOL

"Mom" around 2 days
"Dad" around 2 days
Chase around 4 weeks


Here's to a wonderful day ahead, starting off right by getting to "sleep in" until 9am today! Wahoo... the magic of letting him sleep on me that lets me sleep- spoiled? Perhaps, but definitely worth it to catch up! Thanks everyone for the messages today- can't wait to get together as he gets older- by next year we'll definitely celebrate our birthdays again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment