Chase's Journey

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Girl's Know Best!

Sorry- perhaps I'm a bit partial- but it's often true! When we decided to make a play-date with our friends Jay & Sarah, with their little baby girl Landry - and Calvin of course- I had in mind that she needed to show Chase the ropes a bit. By watching the interactions between Chase & Nathan the past few months, I decided that he needed someone to set an example. Landry was born 5 days after Chase, but of course was full term, and yes, she's female. So she's been rolling around the room, propping herself up on her arms on her tummy, able to sit for short periods of time by herself, etc. Sigh... Admittedly the competitive streak has come out, and I'm determined to get Chase moving! Yes, he's just over 3 1/2 months "adjusted age" -but I'm so sick of that crap. No he cannot rely on that forever, and he no longer has "special needs"- he simply is just playing catch-up still. Doing a pretty good job considering!

Sooooo... first, Landry is in the 90th percentile for height/weight, so I have to take that in stride too- it was a bit bizarre seeing Chase with someone "his age"- and noticing the differences behaviorally (again, females are typically much further advanced as babies go)... they didn't get too much time when they were both awake, but apparently he took notes, because after we got home, changed, and fed... we played- and what did he do? Rolled over! Just like that. I put together a basket of new toys this morning, and he wanted them- so he rolled over like he's known how to all along. Granted, he seemed more interested in his finger/fist- but we were still here cheering him on! So proud of him! I think I need to get him around babies a bit older than him/his age- more often. Next is working on rolling around the room...



In other "exciting" events today, we had a community garage sale in several neighborhoods in the area- my sister and I drove around with both boys- and holy cow- I was soooo overwhelmed. But, all I wanted (planned in advance) were the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Puppy and a high chair. So while waiting on my sister to get here this morning, Chase & I set off with the stroller to check it all out. Made out with my Puppy, a Leapfrog Tad hug & learn (?), several teething rings, Baby Einstein dragon toy, and several other awesome toys- all for $5 total. Sweet! Took me the rest of our hunt later to find the high chair- but I'm loving it! Managed to get my sister an exersaucer, crib aquarium thing, remote control mobile w/ceiling projector, infant pool floaty thing, etc... she only spent $25 total. I <3 garage sales. Seriously- why I buy anything new is ridiculous.



Anyhow- busy day- glad to be home getting ready to watch a movie and relax! Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment