Chase's Journey

Friday, June 8, 2012

Taking It Back!

I retract my previous post complaining about the cranky baby. Enter new perspective. Nothing is worse than someone else's cranky baby. Two days straight of baby sitting my nephew, from about 6:30am-5:00pm, and even if he was an angel I know that would exhaust me. But he is going through his own growth spurt or teething or something- and refuses to eat. Now, this is a completely foreign concept- considering Chase will eat anytime/anywhere. I wasted so much milk yesterday because he absolutely refused. I got him to take 2 oz, then later was proud because he'd eaten about 3 oz (after lots of fighting), as soon as I sat him up, projectile vomit out his mouth and nose- all over me, the couch, the floor, etc. I'm not a fan of being puked on in general, but at least when it's your own kid, it's a bit easier. So for a 10-11 hour period the kid only ate about 2 oz. Then didn't want to play or be up much. It's the most frustrating feeling in the world- to not be able to feed and comfort a baby.

So today is a repeat of yesterday- only I've gotten him to eat maybe 1 oz before he gave me crap. I even tried rocking him for a good 30 minutes (while Chase snoozed on the other side)- but after being screamed at for the whole time, I gave up and put him in the swing. Sigh... he's been asleep since. Making me realize how easy-going Chase is (for me!) in comparison. But I think that's it- the "mommy factor." Even when he's cranky I know I can feed him and let him pass out and all is good. Oh well- cheering myself up today with Pandora (online radio) with the Disney channel I created. All sorts of fun tracks from old movies- so I've been singing to the boys & dogs all day (maybe that's the problem?).

Oh- and my sister said Nathan weighed in at 15 lbs the other day at the doctor- which puts Chase probably close to 16 lbs or so. I know, I know, bad competitive streak! At least the boys are cute- makes the cranky days fade away...




No comments:

Post a Comment