Chase's Journey

Monday, June 25, 2012

Make This Last Forever...

I am under no illusion that my daughter will always like me, always want to hang out with me, go out of her way to help me, and all those other wonderful fairy tale-like events... So until I have to accept the reality of adolescence I will indulge in these moments :) Just like while I was playing with Chase, she came up behind me, hugging me, saying "you're the best and most fun mom ever!" - *sigh* - poor kid doesn't know any better :) 

I guess these are also the times that I look at Kaely and miss her baby phases (she was such an easy baby), but then I look at Chase and can't wait until he's her age... then I wise up and just enjoy them as the days give them... I realize I know as little now about being a mom as I did at 24 chasing after Kaely. I think you can have 10 kids and still feel like you're out of your element with the differences these crazy kids throw at you. 

Being a mom? Exhausted down to the end of my hair- but letters (even that she can write this on her own)- makes me think I can survive the job :)



No comments:

Post a Comment