Chase's Journey

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Hulk


That is the only explanation we've been able to come up with. Chase is really the Hulk- in baby form. Why else would he get his challenging grunts and flexing practice in? He started this up last week- at first I thought it was just at Dad- like a challenge- hey- you wanna mess with me? But then he's now been doing it at other random times- and never fails to make me laugh. It's just sooooo... bizarre.

After a really rough week with him, we started looking up colic over the weekend, symptoms seeming to point in that direction. Then come Monday, when it was just him & I for the first time in over a week, he was nearly angelic. Started making me realize maybe there is no physical problem, just a spoiled rotten problem. Of course he gave me trouble yesterday- but still... We had a good laugh at the thought of anyone else attempting to watch him for anything more than an hour. There's no way anyone could handle it- seriously and truly. Milk provided or not, he just goes into an inconsolable mood and there's not much anyone can do. It would truly test the patience of anyone, and honestly- I don't want to know what would happen to someone who felt as frustrated as I know I do- and that's me being mom and having the ever-popular backup plan (the boob).

It's okay though- things have to get easier as time goes on (right???) In the meantime, we endure all the curious stares and inquiries of strangers on our adventures out of the house. Sitting today at Einstein Brothers Bagels, and everyone keeps stopping to ask questions, or try to make him smile... I know it's supposed to be cute and endearing, but sometimes I just want to be able to chew my food in peace and not have to worry about having to sanitize my hands and Chase,... LOL. Okay, I'll try to behave- enjoy the video (goofiness as always)

No comments:

Post a Comment