Chase's Journey

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Power of a Sleeper

I started digging through Chase's wardrobe yesterday after we got back, and realized he's starting to fit into the "9 month" size clothes... which is kind of crazy to think of now. So I pulled out a stack of pj's, and found some 6 month sleepers hidden that I must've put in the wrong spot a while ago. So out I pull this green and blue striped one that kept catching my eye. Just a typical, cute Carter's outfit- until I put it on him (yes he's sleepy), I realized why...


So I dug out Kaely's scrapbook, and sure enough, found the photo of her in an almost identical one (I know it wasn't the same because I happily got rid of all of her clothes as a baby)... It's so crazy how that one piece of clothing triggered all these memories, plus it's strange how much they resemble each other in certain ways- lots of facial expressions (must be my fault)... 

Since tomorrow is Kaely's 7th birthday, I have to take time to really appreciate how much she changed my life as well. And in looking at these photos now, I am thinking- woah- at 5 months (the first week of December 2005), she was crawling, sitting on her own, standing on her own, and attacking the dog- LOL. Boys vs. Girls- insane! I had to share though, because as many photos that I took of Kaely her whole life, I never had the thought of keeping a journal or blog like this. She deserves some of the spotlight as well. Plus, I have to admit to being a bad mom and comparing kids- shame on me- I know better. That's okay, Chase is going to show her up, and save me when she hits the teenage years ;) 








No comments:

Post a Comment