Chase's Journey

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Simple Things



Today was one of those days where we did nothing. The excitement of the day highlighted returning books to the library and then a solo trip to Publix. Sad that I find the grocery store to be a playground now, exploring free samples, running into other moms from school, and brainstorming the next great recipe. OMG- have I really reached this point of my life??? It seems our days revolve around meals and Chase. Not that I'm complaining- I really enjoy cooking, and love Chase beyond belief. Fortunately we are able to enjoy the things like the rain... the boys made me stop what I was doing and realize I needed to be out with them, sitting and embracing those times rather than racing to see what's next.

 But, geez! He's been so cranky lately- it has to be teeth- if it's not then, well, I'm SOL. Oh well- since I'm sitting here on a Saturday night glued to the couch because our guy isn't feeling well, and it's easier to just make sure he's comfortable and sleeping well rather than try to do anything adult or fun. But as I keep kissing his head and listening to his little snores, I realize there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be :)

1 comment: