Chase's Journey

Monday, November 12, 2012

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival

One of the awesome perks of living behind Disney, and having friends or family that work for the company- a chance to enjoy the parks without feeling obligated to stay the entire day since you forked over a small fortune just to walk through the gates...

Growing up around here we had a few field trips to Epcot since it is a fairly "educational" place to go- I thought it was the worst. Luckily Kaely should be going to Animal Kingdom instead - much more fun for kids! But now as an adult, discovering the Food & Wine Festival has completely changed my opinion of Epcot :) That, and having traveled a bit as well, it makes me nostalgic going through places- Ireland, Germany, Mexico, etc... and makes me dream list of travel grow- the usual Italy, France, Australia, etc... one day!

Anyhow, yet another gorgeous day - so grateful Dave convinced us to get out of the house this weekend! Chase was good the entire time we were there- with the exception of on our way back to the car, he knew we were done and it was time to just let go! haha.

Our first stop was the Polynesian Hotel- hence, the leis...



Cranberry bog... thought it was pretty awesome! Goes with my cranberry-orange bread I make- yum :)

This is how to not worry about drinking too much- $5+ for this tiny glass of Canadian apple-wine... ouch!


Go to a theme park- play with the birds- go figure :)

This one's for you April! Thought of you guys ;) 



Had to end the day in Ireland with some butter, cheese, bread, and of course, a Guinness 


"Canadian Rock & Celtic Music?" hmmmm... interesting



Yep- end of the day- time to go home- 3 hours later ;) 


2 comments:

  1. I am going to write a quicke review of this post titled, I Cannot Believe!

    I Cannot Believe a bay came out of your tiny body less than a year ago. I Cannot Believe that glass of wine was $5. I Cannot Believe theye had an Australian stall... meat pies and sausage rolls? I Cannot Believe that Chase is doing so well! I Cannot Believe there is such thing as CA. Rock and Celtic music. I Cannot Believe I live so many states away from you, becuse I want to be besties! The End.

    ReplyDelete