Chase's Journey

Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Sleep Sack

Since we all know I'm frugal, aka, "cheap," there was no way I was going to pay full price for one of those sleep sacks brand-new. I even looked on ebay and the cheapest I found was $5-$10... so that inspired me to check out Joann's for fabric. I was stoked when I came across a "one day sale" on the fabric remnants- an extra 75% whatever the current price was- SWEET! I only needed about 3/4 yd, so I ended up finding a few fleece remnants that turned out to be $1-$2 for each one. Add on the zipper ($1.99 each) and my coupons for 25% the total price, and.... YES! I had the makings to make each sleep sack for the grand price of $3-$4. Now, often I think the effort is too much and sometimes just worth it to spend the money, but these things consist of 3 pieces- and take hardly any time at all. 

I went ahead and made it bigger than his size since I wanted it to last through the winter at least. I used one of his long outfits as a guide for the size to make, and voila! 






It's not perfect, and a bit too big- but hey! It'll work for now :) 

1 comment: