Chase's Journey

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Life With Twins- Updated

Ah, it's been a while since I've gone on about this- mostly because I just couldn't juggle them both so I stopped babysitting so often. But... today is an exception, so why not? Let me just say, it's much easier and much harder now at their ages (9 months and 11 months respectively). Easier because they can play and entertain themselves quite a bit, and have some sort of routine (naptime) and eat mostly solids... Harder because they are constantly on the move, into everything, and trying to figure out how to get them into carseats/wagon/etc? Ha!





But, no risk, no reward... and they were pretty fun this morning. Sure, a little cranky (too close to naptime), but overall? Really well-behaved! I decided to take them both to school this morning in the wagon (taking Kaely to school), then I needed to run to the store for stuff for dinner.... nothing like those awesome shopping carts and free balloons to entertain them!

Also- the babyproofing had to be stepped up. My sister bought a baby gate (semi-permanent with a walk-through gate- really awesome!) and one of those baby corrals... the corral didn't last too long. I started with it in an octagon shape, then realized I could open it up and give them more space by trapping them to the wall/couches... then I realized just using the baby gate and doing some serious babyproofing in the kitchen/family room area was much more effective and gave them more room to roam. I am pretty happy with it- plus it locks the dogs out- which means less hair on the rug!




Gotta love these clowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment