Chase's Journey

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Renewed Perspective

Things I've had to laugh about the past couple days to keep from crying...


  • I used to complain about how expensive diapers are, but nothing gives you a new perspective like having to use 2 diapers at once (double-diapered currently)... this also goes for the whole diapering process. It was difficult enough to change him with as squirmy as he is, but now trying to hold him down long enough to change both diapers, clean everything, thread the catheter through the hole in the inside diaper, and remember to put ointment on (I keep forgetting so I have to undo both diapers and put it back on -ugh), etc... 
  • On the same diaper fiasco- this kid! He poops just enough to make me think there is a bomb in there based on smell, I open up the double packaging to find a spot about the size of a dime. CRAP! So I have to change it, because it's not right to ignore it...
  • Then... he waits 5 minutes after I change him (the changing process takes a full 5 minutes now I swear), and poops again! AHHHHHH
  • Okay, then there's the medicine. He used to welcome the syringe of Tylenol or teething tablets... now, thanks to antibiotics and the tylenol w/codeine, he has learned to swat it- sending it flying at everyone in it's path, spit it back out, and essentially make sure at least half of it is anywhere but in his mouth... grrrr.... 
  • Thanks to the meds... he now refuses to eat from me. Seriously. He won't eat anything off a spoon or that resembles baby food or anything- but he'll eat baby food if my sister feeds him. Great! So his trust is gone- just like that! 
  • Sleep... woah- he has slept through the night for two nights in a row... very bizarre... this was awesome until I wake up in pain because he hasn't eaten for 12 hours... then he actually refused to nurse on the other side- who is this kid and what has he done with Chase??? I mean, I'm all about weaning him soon, but oh the pain! 
  • Not being able to give him a full-fledged bath yet means he has made extra effort to smear stuff everywhere! Of course most the medicine ends up smeared across his face, in his hair, down his chest- then all the fuzz from his clothes sticks to it... then he got all sorts of food stuck in his hair- so that was fun trying to wash his hair without just throwing him in the tub. Ha! 
  • Oh, did I mention he's still teething (duh) through all this, so he's cranky about that too? 
I was just sitting here this morning after changing him for the 2nd time in 15 minutes, and just had to laugh as I'm asking him why he has to be such a trouble child... on the bright side, him causing trouble makes me feel better than him being quiet and lethargic... oh BOYS!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. You are in the middle of a poop sandwich my friend! What a nightmare. I cannot imagine. Whoa. The two diapers is enough! The meds everywhere, no bath, no sanity for sure!

    ReplyDelete