Chase's Journey

Friday, April 13, 2012

Snooze Button Blues

Ha... a song on Jewel's new children's album (thanks again- we're having fun with it!)- it made me laugh & relate! Trust me, if it weren't for coffee, you wouldn't want to be anywhere near me with the way our mornings have been... Chase is keeping up with his every 2-3 hour feedings throughout the night (again/still), and with this cold I've been battling, sleep is imperative! So the sound of that darn alarm going off instantly puts the cranky into me :) Fortunately by the time I get the coffee, a smiling (usually) Chase, Kaely's babbling, dogs fed, etc- and are walking out the door in the fresh air, I'm much better :)

Today was our day to walk on to the grocery store since we don't pick up Kaely from school, and I'm trying to keep up with the 4 miles a day- at least during the week. Something about the transition from outdoors into the grocery store sets off Chase every time. I walk briskly for the items on my list and try to make it out without terrorizing too many people. Fortunately a couple ladies in front of me started making faces and noises at him after I put him back in the stroller, and it was enough to make him stop screaming and smile for a minute- go figure! Oh well- he's gotta get used to it eventually... right???

On the bright side- seems the feedings may be paying off. Playing on the scale at the store, while not exactly precise or always reliable- still shows that he is in the 12 lb ballpark right now. Pretty darn awesome! Glad it's him getting heavier and not me getting weaker- LOL.

We also had our adventures on the way back to the house- complete with the baby alligator, and one of our roses blooming that I had to bring into the house. Kind of in shock at the moment having a night to myself... We'll see how Chase sleeps tonight and how well that alarm clock treats me in the morning to head to the airport :)

Happy 15 weeks!





Our "Monkey Spy Cam" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment