Chase's Journey

Monday, March 19, 2012

Last Day of Winter

The impish looks begin...

Haha- kind of a joke over here- it's a high of 83 today, and has been for months... but we can pretend we know what winter really is, and put away all the long sleeved things that we had sitting around "just in case" it got cold again... hmmm. Now I'm scrambling trying to find outfits for the little man that fit and are short- I know I have a bunch of things- just have to sort them all again according to size. I'm slowly putting away "Newborn" size and moving him into 0-3 months... just trying to keep up!

This also makes me think of Spring! and days at the beach or BBQ outside (okay, this is what other people in the country do in the summer- but here it's way too hot)... so I have to let in on a little secret that I didn't want to share until I won my own auction-lol- but there's an amazing website that I used last year for our honeymoon, and just used again for our anniversary trip- called www.FloridaVacationAuction.com - seriously great deals, and completely legitimate. Fortunately not a whole lot of people know about it, so you get really fantastic steals. Mostly hotels- really nice boutique or resort ones, along with the main Hiltons and Marriotts, put up the packages with really low opening bids and all that. So, for instance our honeymoon (leg #2) we had the "Be Still & Chill" package at the Mayfair Hotel & Spa down in Coconut Grove (Miami), including an in-room hot tub and 2 massages (we did a couple's massage), etc (plus we had an outrageous upgrade to a full out suite)- anyhow, 2 nights/3 days worth over $900, and won it for $300. This year same package and got it for $250. Sure you have to have flexible days and all- but a great way to get a fantastic deal and explore some places outside of your norm... I'm all about the treasure hunt- and I figured I'd share :)

Hope everyone's having a great week and enjoying the weather (if applicable)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment