Chase's Journey

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Moving Backwards

I just don't get it!!! We were doing so good having longer stretches of sleep and contentedness... but the past 24 hours or so have been rough. Last night he was up at least 6 times- with me giving up on sleep around 6- not just being awake, but throwing a fit awake... I tried everything from diaper changes to gas drops, and only thing that worked was food. Then he'd fall asleep for a little, only to do it all over again. Now, after eating an hour later again, he's wide awake and staring at his monkey mobile... sigh... I feel like a cranky zombie! I thought we would be at least maintaining the 3-4 hour stretches- oh well...

at least he's cute

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the memories!
    Not to stress you out, but if he starts this up regularly - do reconsider food intolerances and reflux. (there are common culprits- you can google a list). I only say that bc of Lincoln! I went through months of the same behavior with Lincoln (I cannot remember how I survived not sleeping for almost 4 months...). If a baby is fed, changed, burped - and too young for teething - then the culprit tends to be the tummy. With Lincoln's case, I couldnt have milk or soy - as in NONE. As in, even the soy present in a can of chicken broth would throw him for a tizzy. His 'symptoms' didn't show up until 3-6 wks.
    Gas drops, from my experience and reading, dont do a whole lot. A high-quality probiotic is a good idea (there have been positive studies with colic and probiotics). Also, reflux doesnt necessarily mean spitting up - Lincoln didnt spit, but I could see him wince and hear a noise when he'd be having heartburn.
    I want you to get sleep! I KNOW how hard it is to function well on little sleep.
    It might just be a phase, I know - hence the "dont stress" :) , but just thought I'd throw the possibilities out there so you dont end up in months of sleeplessness!
    Hope he is back to giving you stretches at night in no time!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete