Chase's Journey

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Quiet Evening

These evenings can be a blast of mixed thoughts, emotions, and intentions... my recent television addiction, NY Med, has brought an onslaught of emotions watching a surgery replacing an aortic valve (Kaely has a defect with her aortic valve), then watching a newborn's heart surgery, after the mom finding the issue during her 2nd trimester screening... well... as much as I love this show, debating on the benefits of watching this. At the very least, has made me stop, get up, and go place my hand on Kaely and Chase's chests separately while they sleep- and whisper my goodnights and love...

I believe the "back-to-school-madness" is starting to claim it's first victim. That being me. Having a week like last week, with just Chase & I, almost to the point of boredom, to this week not having a chance to really breathe until after 9pm. To top it off, we walked to get Kaely this afternoon from school, to have a thunderstorm chasing us. It was utter chaos trying to get Kaely from school, then quite literally, having to run back to the house. I am sooooo not in shape for that. Kaely was a mess, crying because she was scared of the lightning (okay, so was I, but I couldn't admit to it)- and she was even too afraid to ride her bike, so she jogged next to it half the way home... I probably will not be able to walk tomorrow after jogging the mile home- slacker perhaps- but still- not used to it!

Then we have the beginning of the year projects, which requires creativity, and me trying to stand back and let Kaely do it on her own (okay, I stepped in with the hot glue gun and iron-on appliques). Before you know it, I realized it was nearly 6pm, and I hadn't even made dinner yet. At this point, I didn't even care what she eats- I made whatever she asked for (aka, noodles). Then I continue to try to tackle my project putting Chase's clothes on eBay, which is beyond time consuming... but- hey! It's quiet now, and sleep is just around the corner :)
(I thought this was too sweet... almost like Chase was trying to comfort him)


The crazy discontent Chase has makes me think about more teeth, but we'll see at the end of the day if they come through or not. Perhaps it's just ... well, anything really... he's still my sweetheart though, and I hope I can keep him out of pain. The joys of babyhood and teeth :)
(Must...escape!...)


1 comment:

  1. Scary! Florida storms are no joke! Yuck!

    I bet Kaely has the best art projects in the class. Even if you let her do her thing, she is still your spawn! The apple doesnt fall far from the tree...

    ReplyDelete