Chase's Journey

Friday, August 24, 2012

How Old Is He? -Revisited

I wrote about this infamous question months ago- back when Chase was about 2 months old or so, and I kept getting the nasty looks, people asking how old he was, and then responding, you mean two weeks??? Uh, no.

Anyhow- the past couple of weeks I've had a lot of strangers interact with him, and ask that question again. I've gotten new responses! This time it's been "Wow, he's really big for his age!" Really??? AWESOME! That was from a dad who had a 13 month old little girl... today was a gentleman at the grocery store- he was making faces at Chase, then said "Let me guess how old he is... 8 months?" - Sweet! Almost! - He was a grandfather of an 8 month old, so good guess! I've had a few others, and it makes me puff up with pride- how far we've come!

Poor kid has been exhausted though- be it teeth, or growing- hopefully no sickness... but slept most of the day today, and in between we had some impish smiles. For the first time all week we had time to ourselves- and it was beyond needed to regroup, relax, and rejuvenate. Chase helped me in the kitchen- while he banged the wooden spoons around- I made some chicken marsala and french bread from scratch- my own mode of therapy in the pounding the chicken or kneading the dough. I can even go to bed early tonight... very nice :)


 Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. O.M.G!!! Look at that cutie!!! Oooohhhh I want to squeeze him!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... that look just kills me... I'm in sooooo much trouble!

      Delete
    2. So. Much. Trouble! Lady and momma killer for sure! And now that's he's outing together sounds. Melting hearts everywhere!

      Delete