Chase's Journey

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Word of the Day!


(ala PeeWee Herman's Playhouse style- before the "issues"...)

KARMA!


Ahhhhh, yes. That word. I've seen it twice in writing already today (thanks April & Dave), and my sister and I mentioned it earlier today as well... oh! and talking to Ginny (our lovely adopted family) about my sharing issues rubbing off on Chase.... So... yeah (I see the talking couch and all that random stuff with bells and whistles going off- google it if you're clueless)


Well, Karma with Kids is what it comes down to. Paybacks in reality. Your very worst traits (who wants the best???) are the ones these kids seem to be picking up. With Chase, it seems to be issues sharing... still... whoops. With Kaely, it's, ummm, every bit of my attitude. Crap. With a big dose of emotional (pre-pubescent) outbursts, and smart-@$$ remarks quickly being formulated... we're in for trouble soon.


The best part of this is Kaely's education. No, not my life-changing, goal-driven, education I'm talking about... but the basic reading & writing. Some of these "notes" she comes up with make me want to scream out of frustration- but at the same time I have to give her kudos for putting her thoughts together on paper and actually spelling most everything right. :) This first note was from last Friday after her dad got her from school, she had a mood swing (rolling my eyes) because she wanted to go to Target, then to Subway, and was denied... so being the prima donna that she is, put up a big attitude, made a nasty face (or so I heard), and pulled out her notebook & pen.



...and the bottom says "I Love You... mom not you jay (her dad) I love you mom I love you mom and sorry jay I still don't like you" ... My response to this was- "you better smack her little butt!" even though I can't recall the last time I've even thought about spanking her (actually, I think that was last Thursday, hmmm)... but still... her defiance and attitude is so frustrating! but it kinda makes me laugh... maybe that's why she gets called "JJ" -Jessika Jr... whoops.

As a slight reassurance, this is the note I got tonight, after a lot of cooking/cleaning/homework...





Hahaha... Master Manipulator in the making... 

Had to give my sister a hard time because her "creature" (our loving term- don't take too seriously), is of her making- he's spoiled rotten from being held 24/7- hey- even worse than Chase! Barely- but still... she was laughing at me with Kaely's stunts- when I reminded her that payback happens to us all... unfortunately for me, I believe Chase (this was what started the conversation- Chase being the troublemaker) following in his father's lead, which I have to deal with, while dealing with my own payback of Kaely. Ha! 




I find it amazing how early personalities emerge- from Chase's ultrasounds at around 20 weeks old, to their behavior now at 6-8 months... you see the differences... and it makes you dizzy pondering the theories of nature vs. nurture. 


Watching "So You Think You Can Dance" tonight with Kaely for a bit- seeing her trying to perform some of these dances around the living room- although she hasn't had dance classes in 2+ years, and is pretty clutzy, she still has an innate talent for it. The show had brief back-stories on some of the kids, going off at 14, 16 years old to attend dance schools in NYC, or other out of town locations, to pursue their dreams... makes you wonder the balance of it all- don't you want to give them everything? They are, no matter what, simply amazing little beings :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! I want to give Ollie everything... Except a ticket away from me at 14!! And my mom has. Rt the farm on my karma being an enjoyment for her to watch.

    ReplyDelete