Chase's Journey

Thursday, August 16, 2012

What Kids Do When You Aren't Around...

Ah- Mr. High-maintenance himself who makes it seem like such a chore to do "tummy-time" or for me to try to get him to roll over... so as my usual routine of cleaning the floors daily (stupid white tile shows everything!), I often put him in the highchair, or when Kaely is around, she plays with him. So I just put him by his playmat and leave the room to get the broom and all that, walk back half a minute later to him halfway across the room... hmmmm... so I try to get him to do it again while I'm standing there- nope- just looks up at me crying. Later in the day I put him down again and rig the video camera- and this is the last couple minutes- there was about 10 minutes before it of him getting into the toys in the box, pulling down the playmat's toys, and getting stuck rolling over his stuffed animals... all the while he thinks I'm in another room (actually just out of his line of vision)...

Minus the crying and whining, I was pretty amazed to see how much he accomplishes when left alone... he just earned himself a big helping of tough-love from mom... gotta stop babying him! I think I'll be hiding a camera more often, I can only imagine what else he's capable of! Sneaky little butt!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! He's log rolling around!! He'd beat Ollie in a race. And OMG he is even cuter on video!

    ReplyDelete