Chase's Journey

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane Party!

 Ha! Not really... we got lucky where we were that the storm took a swing to the west and pretty much missed us all together. But the side perk was that the Miami area closed all schools down there for this Monday due to the storm, and therefore, most surrounding businesses, including Dave's office- were closed too- WAHOO! A surprise 3 day weekend- very nice! It gave me a chance to try to get back into a routine at the house by today, Monday, where I was ready for Kaely when she was out of school, even walking in the drizzling rain. Able to tackle homework, cook dinner, and have some playtime, with no meltdowns- especially from me! Not happy that the night had to come to an end, but how nice it was to have a sliver of normalcy for the first time in... well... I can't remember when!

Something about rainy days- and storms like this- just give you a chance to breathe and relax a bit. I could almost pretend it was fall today, and looking forward to the upcoming months!



Hope everyone had a great weekend and Monday as well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the normalcy. I'm still looking for it. I love the pic of K and C on the floor together!

    ReplyDelete