Chase's Journey

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Saving Grace

Nope- not Kaely Grace- but "THE" saving grace... I don't understand how being home with a newborn, taking Kaely to school, and juggling the boys at the time (back in Feb-May) was easier than now- but boy is it ever! Trying to adapt to the new routine is truly kicking my butt. I don't know if it's just me being physically out of shape and unprepared, or what- but sheesh! Doesn't help walking home in the rain either (Chase manages to stay dry in the stroller at least with my rigged umbrella), then of course the crazy homework starting back up for Kaely (which really means lots of effort for me to make sure she's staying on track doing it).

I babysat tonight while my sister had to go in to work, and while the boys were pretty well behaved most the day, they saved it all for when I was on my own. Chase has been in his funk still- so it's kind of walking on eggshells, throw in another tired, cranky baby, and then Kaely who turns up the music (which happens to be the Chipmunk's version of "You Spin Me 'Round") - and, um, yeah... a person is bound to lose their mind... I think I was near tears at my utter frustration and exhaustion I felt, I put both boys in bed to let them cry it out. Chase passed out, and Nathan eventually took a short nap also. When they both woke up I was nervous. I threw both on the couch for a minute for me to evaluate what to do next... that's when they started up with each other.

I swear, if they hadn't had this "oasis" or "eye of the hurricane" moment, I probably would be hiding in a closet somewhere letting them take over the house... but this saved the day- my heart- and brought cheer back into me... at least enough to tackle the next round of insanely cranky babies... But it is the first time I've seen them really interact positively- and especially in the laughing. Nathan has laughed out loud when tickled- but not necessarily (that I've witnessed) at just a funny sight or face. So... enjoy! I am forever grateful for all three kiddos being tucked away to sleep for the night, but the giggles made the rest of the stress fade away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment