Chase's Journey

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why Won't Anyone Play With Me???

Summer... thank goodness it's nearly over. The worst part aside from heat is the boredom- and on a day like today I finally get over to the park (down south over here), and there are no kids for Kaely to play with. I thought she was upset before- the worst is having a couple kids (siblings) who are too young/too old, and don't want to play. So I sit and watch her climbing the playground by herself pouting and looking like she is going to cry. What a mess! I can only do so much climbing with Chase in my arms- no desire to bust my butt today...

In the meantime, we've driven each other insane in the apartment, being cooped up- we've gone for our walks, and hung out a short time at the pool, but it's still a good 12-16 hours of being awake and figuring out what to do! I forgot about having one of those jumping things in the closet that a friend of ours had passed along from their granddaughter, so I decided to hang it up... ummmm- are these things still allowed to be used/sold??? This is about the most dangerous contraption I've seen- at least with a child like Chase who throws himself around backwards- but it was somewhat amusing- it reminds me of a cartoon or something the way he bounces...
Then we have the hungry monster. I am not willing to accept that he may be teething again/still/whatever... but he has been a bit on the cranky side again (the Miami monster I decided)... and this waking up 2-3 times a night to eat has GOT to stop. I can't take it. I am zombie-like in the morning... add in Kaely climbing in bed the other night, throwing her legs over my stomach, and arms over my neck... then Dave's snoring... well- that's a recipe for a scary, sleep-deprived mom. So I am going to be taking very seriously the feeding solids part, maybe that's all it is. We've been playing with a lot of new flavors now- which brings forth some classic grimaces



 Oh well- at least we have sunshine and the ocean breeze this morning- could be worse! If only we can eliminate the drama, maybe a walk on the beach after Dave gets off work- or renting a good movie... one can hope :)


No comments:

Post a Comment