Chase's Journey

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just Add Water

This kid loves water. Loves to play in water, be submerged in water, and drink water. To him, it's better than a bottle/sippy cup with milk- it's a big treat apparently. Even better if it's out of my cup now, which has become a bit dangerous, as he grabs for everything I'm carrying. Talk about a juggling act. Even the video clip doesn't catch his usual reaction since he was intrigued by Kaely holding the phone...

But I guess I should be grateful, because so many children hate water, or think it's up there with brussel sprouts and spinach when trying to get them to consume it. These little tricks I have to remember when he starts getting cranky- because 90% of the time it works. Turn on the bathroom sink and stick his toes in it (combined with staring at the baby in the mirror), throw him in the warm bath, let him drink out of his sippy cup or my cup, or play in the pool, turn on the shower and let him chill in his bouncy seat, go out by the river/ocean... either way, it usually helps change his mood for the better. I'm thinking of the small fountain I used to have in an apartment years ago- not a bad idea for ambience and a happy baby :)

Anything for sanity, peace, and blessed quiet!

1 comment:

  1. I was like that and Ollie is filling too. He drinks out of my cup every chance he gets. Ask your mom if you were like that too.

    Ps between yesterday's pic and today... Omg he gets cuter by the day. !

    ReplyDelete