Chase's Journey

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ahhhhh! A Monster! (With Teeth!)



A few days to catch up on. First, we had a last minute ability to travel down to Miami with Dad (Thanks Kaz boys), and so everything got (or continued?) in chaos (as usual). We packed everything up and headed out Sunday evening, into a monsoon- saw several accidents after they happened, had to call the highway patrol on one (wish we could've stopped, but it was too late without turning around)... so we made it safely :)

Fortunately, I brought some projects with- over the weekend (after my lovely Friday the 13th), I finished up Chase's shopping cart/high chair cover- just have to add the seat belt yet... it was a pain in the butt, until I was finished, then I thought- wow, that was kinda fun- go figure!


Ah- so the monster part... yes, had an insane day with baby boy on Tuesday- and sure enough- two bottom teeth have officially broken skin. See? I wasn't imagining things- that part is the good part. But between the pain/discomfort- he has been fussing while eating- which was the big neon blinking sign that the teeth were hurting. Those suckers are sharp! Now all of a sudden he's trying to use me as a chew-toy- what the heck? Kaely was no longer nursing when her first tooth appeared, so this is completely foreign.

Add on his newest thing where he is constantly swinging his arms- when nursing, he's fidgeting nonstop with the straps of my tank tops- snapping them- or he's raking his nails (which I trim twice a week) down my arms/chest/face... or he always has a hand on my face- usually my nose or mouth- where he seems to be either reassuring himself as to who it is, or being curious. When I carry him up higher on my hip, he grabs my face with both hands and it's either him trying to mimic a kiss (my preferred thought) or trying to eat me. LOL. Either way, it's a risk to hold him now half the time- always in motion, and somewhat dangerous :)


Then he finally figured out his feet- I know a lot of others did a while ago, but well, with those massive thighs, flexibility isn't as easy -lol. It's entertaining for us both though, and makes diaper changes a bit challenging- only because while it helps in some ways, he won't stay still in others. We've been going through anywhere from 2-4 outfits a day lately- not spit up this time- but massive blowouts. Really???



Still working on tummy time activities- amazing how far he can travel throughout the room when he's on his back and ticked off- but tummy time still sucks. Coordinating tummy time with a stomach that isn't full and he's awake is yet another challenge. I'm determined though to get this stinker mobile.

Great part about being down here of course is being with Dad... and for my sake? Being able to hand off the monster for an hour or so, and let blood return to my arms, stretch my back out, and have a tiny bit of freedom... even things like bath time are fun for Chase & Dad, which makes me happy as well :) I get to work on some of my sewing projects or read, and the boys get to bond. The limbo continues, but hey, with baby monster in tow- things are pretty good :)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on EVERYTHING!! I'm so happy to hear you made it to the 305! Xx

    ReplyDelete