Chase's Journey

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gone Bananas

Teething babies are crazy. Babies who are not teething, but have all the same symptoms? Just as nuts. Worst part? Not having a clue which is which. Sooooo... thanks again April for posting the alternative options for teething pain relief. I am not a big fan of running to Tylenol everytime he appears to be in pain- because sometimes I think it's just a mood, exhaustion, or something else entirely. I don't want to over-medicate regardless. The toys we have throughout the house are hit or miss. Honestly- his fingers - or anyone else's that he can find, seem to do the trick more-so than the toys. But... the idea of the frozen banana made me think- hmmm- not a bad idea.

So, this went really great and really bad- but I'm running with the good. He didn't want to hold it at first, and man it makes a giant, sticky, slobbery mess- but he seemed thrilled by the banana either way, and gave a few moments of contentedness. Of course, he got mad at the thing, and then we had to switch things up- but I'm putting stock in this frozen banana for the rest of the summer- teeth or no teeth! What else should I expect from creating  the monkey theme everywhere around him? :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that mesh bag pacifier! I'm going to try sweet potato for a snack next. Not frozen, cooked and cooled. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a clever idea! I always used frozen grapes in it. I love those mesh bags!!

    ReplyDelete