Chase's Journey

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Movie...

The day started off with Kaely's playdate getting cancelled at 7am. Sigh... So I felt horrible for another uneventful, boring day ahead for her. See, Chase and I can be just fine hanging out, reading, painting, or whatever- but for a 7 year old... summer sucks. Luckily, I remembered our "ghetto" theater (it's not really all that bad, just we have a million giant theaters all around, and this one is a small, old one). Anyhow, they do $1 children's movies every Wednesday morning during the summer. Granted, they are movies that are already on DVD, but still- it's the idea of going out to the theater... so, that was the plan.

Today the movie was Rio, which I loved the first time we saw it- actually, I already had Rafael, the Toucan from the movie, sketched on Chase's wall to join the cast of animals... (I think I'm going to add Jewel to it now too- hmm). All I went armed with was the diaper bag and a pair of boobs. We got there about 30 mins early, which helped to get a back seat so it wouldn't be as awkward to nurse in public. He ended up sleeping through half of the movie, then when he did wake up, he sat there enthralled with the movie. Kind of surprised me- but I guess all the colors and music was cool. Somehow it was a success! Very cool :)

Second part of our morning adventure included having to drop off library books finally, and get a couple more... so Kaely carried the books, and I had Chase. While she was in the kids section, I went searching for a couple books for me, when he started grunting...I look around knowing that more sounds were to follow- and why me? Always in the library where everyone can hear throughout the building. LOL. Sure enough... then I noticed my hand had something wet on it- I pull him away from me and the damn thing leaked everywhere! Through his onesie, overalls, and onto my shirt and jeans. Then it was a mission to get Kaely, get our new books checked out, and get the heck out of there. Of course ran into one of the moms from Kaely's class, so the girls wanted to chat- all the while I'm gagging on the smell (he had squash yesterday), and knowing it's just leaking everywhere... somehow managed to make it out- at that point it was either clean him and leave him in his carseat in just a diaper, or put a blanket under him and brave the 5 minute drive home. Considering I left the package of wipes at home today? Opted for the drive home. Never a dull moment...


2 comments:

  1. Sorry but LOL! Between going to the movie armed with a pair of boobs and the blow out in the library... For the first time in a long time I wish I lived back in Sunny FLA, next door to you of course!

    I'm tempted to take Ollie to the movies with my nephews now.

    Oh and I'm so jealous of your talent! More photos of the jungle room please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha- gotta do what you gotta do... always something thats gonna happen to us- lol

    ReplyDelete