Chase's Journey

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Time to Play

Not for Chase- but for me. It's been so long since I've "played" on any projects just for fun, I've almost forgotten how to do it. Chase's room has been a big giant source of limbo for me since before he was born. Since we aren't exactly sure where we are going to end up- there was no point to putting in all the effort into decorating his room. Plus, since I had a bassinet, and now crib, set up in our room, "his" room is basically for storage and my craft stuff. But the more of a funk I get into, the more I realize I have got to do something creative- if for nothing else, than to relieve some stress and enjoy myself. Soooo... I decided I was going to paint in Chase's room- and if the effort goes to waste, oh well! I scoured the garage and found old paint that we probably should have thrown out years ago- but hey- it's free!

The details and such are going to take a bit of time- especially since Chase won't nap for longer than 30 minutes at a time today- only because I'm trying to play. But this is the beginning of it anyway... working towards a jungle theme- and planning on making the tree corner our reading/rocking corner... the vines will get leaves and other details- just got the basic outline going for the moment. The cloud "animals" are whatever you want them to be- or happen to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment