Chase's Journey

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Eye of the Hurricane


The teething hurricane that is. I commented (a little too soon, but still rolling with it) today about how much happier and easier to handle Chase has been since those stinkin' teeth cut through. What a difference! I mean, aside from when he's hungry, he's generally content and happy now- I was starting to wonder if this was even possible... I mean, Kaely was always a happy baby, but I swear it's those teeth that made all the difference! So I'm reveling in the happy baby phase now, because I know more teeth are on the way sooner than I care to face again :) 





Our continued friend? Frozen bananas- he goes nuts over there- but this is often the messy result :) 

He keeps increasing his appetite with solids- genuinely being excited over these exploratory mealtimes now. Today's treat was apple & butternut squash- reminds me of fall, I can't wait! I am starting to look around the kitchen during mealtimes now and try to introduce some new foods. I didn't let him actually "eat" any chicken- but he did lick it- lol... I am loving his excitement in trying things. He's curious about it all, and has to watch, listen, touch, and explore everything!

As the weekends are never long enough- we're trying to cram as much into them as possible. I've still been lacking energy, so Kaely and Dave dragged us out of the house Saturday to head to the park- surprise, surprise, no one had any idea where we were going- so we just ended up at a random one. I wasn't thrilled with the suffocating heat, but watching Kae and Dave goof around along the trail, well, can't help but smile :) 



To cap it off, trying to smooth over Mom's cranky mood, Kae & Dave went out to the store to pick up movies and brought back the most ridiculously sad bouquet of flowers I've ever seen. That's horrible, I know- but I had bet Chase (haha) when they left that they would end up coming back with flowers since Kaely had been whining about getting some earlier in the day. Sure enough- in she walks proudly with the multi-colored, dyed daisies. When I looked closer to put them in a vase, I noticed 90% of the flowers were dead, petals falling off, and the heads of the flowers decapitated in some- LMAO! I couldn't help it, it cracked me up- which, in the end, was so much better than a beautiful bouquet in the first place. 


Happy Sunday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment