Chase's Journey

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Days of Randomness

First, our little piranha just drew blood this morning. Um- OWWWWW! I was paying attention I thought- and noticed he was about done eating, but he nipped me before I could stop it. Brought tears to my eyes, like little razor blades in his mouth. (Suck it up MOM!)

I learned yesterday while trying the "infant-led weaning" process out the previous night, that carrots will come back out in one piece. Chase about gave me a heart-attack with a chunk of carrot he gnawed off and proceeded to gag on- twice. Eventually he swallowed it. I was waiting to see if I'd see that again- sure enough- Ewww. LOL. So we had some pureed carrots yesterday evening instead- I think it's going to be a process for us both.

Drama. Oh my, the drama... you cannot wait for your child(ren) to walk, talk, read & write.... but when they do? This is what you get:



Hand-written notes folded and left outside her door with a pencil so I can write my reply. REALLY??? The first drama was because the dogs weren't listening to her and going into her room. I looked at her tearing up and was like, uh??? What's wrong? So she pointed at the dogs... I explained she just needed to ask for help, no reason to get so upset... so then after I got the dogs in her room, she left the first note outside the door. Sheesh.  The last note was after sending her to bed last night, because she "just wanted to watch the first part of Master Chef"- but I made her go to bed anyway. If this is any indication of the teenage years- I'm hiding!

I also discovered that Chase refuses to do tummy time now- good part is he automatically rolls over, which, okay, yay... but really?? He "speed scoots" backwards throughout the room. I decided I'd had it with his being a bum- so I just put the blanket back out on the floor, and he can do whatever in that space- even cry. He has got to get up to par with the physical activity! LOL. So I go around the kitchen island (adjacent to the living room), and look up, and he's already against the couch, or scooted off the blanket on the opposite side. Hmmm. I guess he's being mobile in his own way :)





A continuation to my "Clothing Confusion" post the other day- discovered this sleeper that is "12 months" from The Children's Place- looked a little smaller, so threw it on him last night- and yeah- there is no way he'd fit into this in a couple months. So go through the outfits constantly if you don't want to miss out on them!

Lastly, as I was grumbling about this morning- Chase woke me up at 2am, 4am, and then again around 7am... Kaely came in around 3am- and she is a bed hog- all arms and legs flailing about. So I gave up by 7 to get any kind of good sleep- just for Chase to fall back to sleep, and Kaely to still be sleeping in... What the heck??? Somehow this doesn't seem fair!



Oh well, it's 9am and both kids are asleep. If I were smart, I'd wake them both up and get them going- but the selfish part of me is simply embracing my coffee and quiet time either way. Ahhhhh....

1 comment:

  1. Omg... You just took me on a roller oater of emotions! Pain and fear from the bloody boob, laughter from the notes. Then fear for the teenage years. The speed scooting is awesome!

    Never a dull day...

    ReplyDelete