Chase's Journey

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just Another Reason Having More Than One Is Hard

Ahhhhh- jealousy. A good healthy dose. I knew it was coming, saw it from a mile away, but... one can hope. From the moment I started working on Chase's paintings in his "room" I knew Kaely would be jealous. For the first couple of days she stuck with simply being curious, and offering her help, playing in the room while I painted, etc. But, after another playdate canceled (the little boy called yesterday to chat- said he'd be right over- but of course with little kids they say that before confirming with the parents)... so she started sulking about why Chase gets the jungle room, and why haven't I done anything in her room.

Sigh... So I promised we'd go through her room today and do some fun stuff. Well- wild hairs being what they are, 9:30 last night I start simply taking down old photo frames I had on her wall, dusting them, and deciding I'd put in new photos. Then I noticed all the dust. Unacceptable amounts- and noticed the culprit of the ceiling fan. Next thing I know I'm cleaning the nasty fan blades, dusting the whole room/walls/etc... then I start taking everything off the walls, the curtains, and all that. Then comes the furniture rearranging- Kaely gave up on me around 10- and fell asleep on the couch... midnight rolls around and I'm reorganizing all her toys, getting rid of trash, sorting through her approx 30+ purses/bags (okay, seriously- please no more!)... I'm hanging up shelves- the other set I had like in Chase's room, and pulling organizers out of the garage I had bought back when we first moved stuff down to Miami. Next thing I know- it's 1:30- 2:00am... OMG- what is wrong with me???



Haha. So this morning Kaely chose to go with the Pink Panther photos, to go along with the sericel Dave got for her on our cruise almost 2 years ago (time flies!). Made the room more open and "grown up"- she won't leave it this morning! Of course I threatened her life (or just her freedom) if she messed everything up. LOL.




Still working on Chase's monkeys- here are some updates, needing to work on the details and finish the guitar playing monkey yet... then we have the baby elephant... lots more to go- but getting there! Juggle, juggle, juggle...


1 comment: