Chase's Journey

Friday, July 27, 2012

Never-Ending Growth Spurts

Ahhhh- Vampire Babies... I have commented a few times this past week that Chase is sucking the life out of me. Not meant to be in a negative way, but that I've felt like I've been hit by a bus almost every day lately, and keeping up with producing is just draining me... Chase's latest "sleep schedule" has been going to bed around 8pm, up again around 11pm briefly (I refuse to feed him at this point), then up to eat around 1-2am, then again around 4-5am, then again by 7am... usually eats twice between 7-9am, then for a nap around 9-10.... today he has been napping since 9am, and it's 11am... he's out.
Yesterday I napped with him on the recliner from about 2:30-5:00... sad, I know, but man I've been exhausted lately. Since I don't pump or anything, I'm not exactly sure how much he eats, but I think his demand is exceeding my supply for once. I'm kicking up the solids a bit more to supplement, but feeding a baby is hard work! LOL.

Oh well- it's a good thing that he keeps growing though- he's gotten to be such a little man now :)

We even got to go play in the pool yesterday for a bit with my sister, Nathan, and Kaely. First time I've really got into the water all the way with him and let him play around, and the first time for lathering on the sunblock... after the shock of coolness in the beginning, he was just chillin' out (looking so serious!)- towards the end he got the hang of splashing around- although he kept accidentally dunking his face in the water. I've started to look up the Safe Start swim classes recommended for 6 months and up. Especially here in Florida where drowning is one of the leading causes of accidental deaths in young children- not good. So, another thing to add to my "To-Do List."






No comments:

Post a Comment